A solution from a friend at St. John’s College:
morning think i got the setting for using a mail list to distribute an alias to multiple addresses. Set up mailing list with the email address of the people its to be distributed to.
Configure the mail list . In list config – Sending/recieving setup –
Who can send messages from – Public list (public)
the subject tagging – Web team is what i used, some text here is appended to the subject line making it easier to identify
Require the list address to appear in To or CC fields – off
this allows anyone to post unmoderated, adds Web Team to the subject for identification and allows the alias address to post to the mailing list
On the Non personal email routing page
Set the alias to forward to the mail list address
it kept failing and thing it was the bit Require the list address to appear in To or CC fields which is on by default and needs to be off as it is not actually going to the mailist address but the alias
Colleagues reported that some MS Word and Excel documents were not printing. Jobs are spooled to the printer but the message in the print queue just reads:
Waiting for printer to print(30)
and the number then counts down to 0 but nothing prints.
MS Office 2010 fully patched
HP Laserjet 2055dn > HP Universal Print Driver x64 v6.0.0 via Windows 2008 x64 Print Server
The problem existed on my own PC too, printing to an HP m401dne printer under the same driver and print server, also on Windows 7 x64 with the same MS Office deployment.
1. Alternate UPD versions from 5.5.0, 5.7.0, 6.0.0, 6.1.0, 6.2.0
2. Reinstalled MS Office
3. Adobe Reader 11.0.15 print jobs were fine
4. Text documents from notepad++ didn’t print
5. Test prints printed
6. Notepad (windows) documents printed
7. Switched the printer port on the printer to a direct TCP/IP port and NOT through the PCounter port and it worked!
Following test #7 above I began inspecting the PCounter ports, when creating a new PCounter port the default value for [Speed cache buffer size] was [64KB] but on the “broken” printer shares it had been set to [disabled]. Changing this to [64 KB] resolved the problem.
Attempting to install WSUS on server 2012 and then reinstall it.
The initial install went fine:
1/ Prepare security on directories: [Network Service] needs RWX on [%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files] and [%windir%\Temp] and [D:\WSUS] folders
2/ Either select [WIndows Server Update Services] role from the GUI or in an elevated Powershell:
Install-WindowsFeature -Name UpdateServices -IncludeManagementTools
3/ Launch postinstallation tasks through the GUI or Powershell command below. NOTE: if this is a reinstall then be sure to delete the previous database [SUSDB] from [C:\Windows\WID\Data]
C:\Program Files\Update Services\Tools\wsusutil.exe postinstall CONTENT_DIR=D:\WSUS